I recently came across this fantastic gingersnap cookie recipe. They are thin, crispy and delicious. Ginger has so many fantastic medical benefits for our bodies that I thought why not combine this in a yummy cookie for Valentine’s Day. Sugar and spice and everything nice cookies. The recipe for these cookies is in the link above but I have laid out some pictures below of the cooking process and at the end I added some hearts with icing (see below the icing recipe). I hope you and your love enjoy these Valentine’s Day Gingersnap Cookies!
8oz unsalted butter
1 ¼ cup granulated sugar
½ tsp vanilla extract
2 small eggs
⅓ cup molasses
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 ½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
2 ½ tsp cinnamon
2 ½ tsp ground ginger
- Beat butter, sugar and vanilla together until combined and fluffy. Add vanilla, eggs and molasses and mix.
- Combine dry ingredients and add to the wet ingredients until dough forms.
- Press dough into cling wrap lined loaf pan. Freeze the dough in the freezer for a few hours until firm or overnight.
- Thinly slice the dough and place slices on the cookie sheet covered in parchment paper.
- Bake at 350 F for 7-12 minutes or until the cookies are crisp and the edges are a dark brown. Enjoy these Valentine’s Day Gingersnap Cookies!
Powdered Sugar and milk
- Place a heap of powdered sugar in a bowl and add a small splash of milk to it (about 1 tbsp). Mix together. Add more sugar or more milk until the desired consistency is reach. I prefer my icing to be thicker so I add more sugar and less milk.