Sometimes the best and easiest recipe ideas are born by just being flexible to your surrounding and ingredients. I recently threw a baby shower for my sister in England. Since I do not live in England sometimes I forget what items are available in English grocery stores and which are a little harder to find. During the planning of the baby shower I of course took to Pinterest and tried to come up with fun food, decoration and game ideas. One of the food items I liked the most was dipped pretzel rods but I came to find out it can be somewhat challenging to find pretzel rods in a typical English grocery store. They had pretzels traditional pretzels but not the long sticks that I needed. I therefore had to be spontaneous and think on my feet – I came up with dark chocolate dipped breadsticks. Equally as yummy but with less salt!
Feel free to get creative with these, you can use different flavors, chocolate types, sprinkles or dessert sauces. They were a huge hit at the party and I have seriously never made something so simple and easy. I hope you enjoy!
1 package breadsticks
1 large bar of dark chocolate
1 container of sprinkles (your choice of type and color)
1 bar of white chocolate
- Melt the dark chocolate in a glass bowl over a saucepan of boiling water. Once melted remove from heat and gently dip half of each breadstick in the chocolate until it is coated.
- Lay the breadsticks on some cling film or grease proof paper on the counter. Sprinkle each stick with your choice of sprinkles before the chocolate dries.
- While the dark chocolate dries melt the white chocolate in a glass bowl over a saucepan of boiling water.
- Once melted take a spoon and gently drip the melted white chocolate over the dark chocolate half of the breadsticks.
- Leave to dry at room temperature or to speed things up place them in the fridge to harden.
- Once the chocolate is hardened serve the dark chocolate dipped breadsticks immediately.